There's a 2 hour marination not listed in cooking time. From Shop Rite supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups napa cabbage, sliced
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked rice, hot
- 24 pea pods, blanched
Marinade or Dressing
- 1Combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger in small bowl.
- 2Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once.
- 3For dressing, add 1/4 cup water, green onion, sugar and sesame oil to remaining marinade; mix well.
- 4Remove steak; discard marinade.
- 5Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- 6Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Carve steak.
- 8Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrot and radishes; divide among 4 plates.
- 9Arrange cucumber, rice, pea pods and beef on salads.
- 10Serve with dressing.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Beef Steak Salad With Sesame Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar