Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There's a 2 hour marination not listed in cooking time. From Shop Rite supermarket.
Make and share this Japanese Beef Steak Salad With Sesame Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups napa cabbage, sliced
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked rice, hot
- 24 pea pods, blanched
Marinade or Dressing
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once.
- For dressing, add 1/4 cup water, green onion, sugar and sesame oil to remaining marinade; mix well.
- Remove steak; discard marinade.
- Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Carve steak.
- Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrot and radishes; divide among 4 plates.
- Arrange cucumber, rice, pea pods and beef on salads.
- Serve with dressing.