Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not exactly something you'd think of as Japanese, but it's darn tasty!
Make and share this Japanese Beef and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb beef, sliced thinly into 2-inch lengths
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- Put the water, sake, sugar, and soy sauce into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef and simmer for a few minutes until the meat browns.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in the pot and simmer, covered, until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the peas and simmer for three more minutes.
- Return the beef to the pot and simmer for an additional three minutes.
- Serve hot with a bowl of rice.