Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Similar to the broth served at many Japanese steak houses.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 scallion, sliced thin
- 1 dash white pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste, use depending on salt content of broth used) (optional)
- Toss ingredients into a small pot and simmer 10 minutes until flavors meld.
- Optional: Toss in a handful of egg noodles to turn into a quick chicken noodle soup.
This was so easy & fits my need for low carb. I have made it several times already. I have used my homemade stock to decrease some of the sodium and that tasted great too. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.
This is very yummy and easy to do. I made half the recipe for me and DH and we had enough. I added salt to mine because my chicken broth is sodium-free. We added chinese noodles. Thanks muncheechee :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
This is a fabulous appetizer soup that is tasty and won't add lots of fat and extra calories to your meal. It's probably a good soup to have before a meal just to prevent you from overeating. I took the optional suggestion and added a handful of noodles. That made it a more substantial and suitable for a light lunch. Thanx for sharing; I'll make this again.