1/1 Photo of January Pork
Juniper berries and bay leaves Bring a soft spicy flavor to this pork dish. Dish must be marinated for up to 18 hours. From The Splendid Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the olive oil, juniper berries, garlic, clove and pepper in a food processor.
- 2Process until finely chopped.
- 3Put the pork in a dish large enough to hold it and rub the entire surface with the mixture.
- 4Lightly cover and let marinate in the fridge for 18 to 24 hours.
- 5Next day preheat oven to 325°F.
- 6Transfer the pork and marinade to a shallow roasting pan.
- 7Sprinkle the meat lightly with salt and set the bay leaf on top of the roast.
- 8Roast For 1 hour and 50 minutes or until internal temperature of 155°F.
- 9Baste the meat with the pan juices and the wine adding the wine in thirds: the first third goes over the pork after the first 30 minutes of cooking.
- 10Add another third after 20 minutes and another third is poured over the meat after 10 minutes.
- 11Add a little water if the pan juices threaten to burn.
- 12Once the meat is done cooking remove it and place on a platter and keep warm.
- 13Degrease the pan juices and keep them hot as well.
- 14If the pan juices are skimpy,set the pan over high heat and stir in the broth.
- 15Simmer the juices as you scrape up the brown bits.
- 16Taste for seasoning and keep warm.
- 17Thinly slice the pork and arrange it on a warm platter.
- 18moisten with pan juices and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for January Pork
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.9
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: