Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this soup on January 2nd when I was trying to figure out what to do with our New Years Day black eyed peas and greens left overs. It is yummy if I do say so myself!
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1 cup turnip greens, cooked (include pot likker if you have any left)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced (can be cooked with Black Eyed Peas)
- 1⁄2 cup white rice (raw)
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin (left over or can use ham hock)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in large soup pot and bring to slow boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is cooked.
- Serve with left over corn bread.