1/1 Photo of Jansson's Temptation
Midwest Maven's Note:
This sounds just sinfully delicious, had to post it here to try :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3When butter melts turn heat up to med/high and add the onions.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- 5Butter a baking pan.
- 6Drain the potatoes from the cold water you had them sitting in to prevent discoloring.
- 7Alternate layers of potatoes, anchovies, onions, and black pepper with potatoes as the top and bottom layers in the baking pan and some pepper on top.
- 8Top it with the breadcrumbs and some dots of butter from the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- 9Pour the cream or milk(whichever you're using) over the top.
- 10Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is browned, the liquid is absorbed, and the potatoes are tender.
Nutritional Facts for Jansson's Temptation
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Sodium 459.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g