Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sounds just sinfully delicious, had to post it here to try :)
Make and share this Jansson's Temptation recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- When butter melts turn heat up to med/high and add the onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Butter a baking pan.
- Drain the potatoes from the cold water you had them sitting in to prevent discoloring.
- Alternate layers of potatoes, anchovies, onions, and black pepper with potatoes as the top and bottom layers in the baking pan and some pepper on top.
- Top it with the breadcrumbs and some dots of butter from the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the cream or milk(whichever you're using) over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is browned, the liquid is absorbed, and the potatoes are tender.
Made 2 serving of the recipe. Sauteed the onions and then added the anchovy to melt down. I did use fat free 1 half and half. Made for zwt 6 Thanks for the yummy eats!
ZWT6: Delicious and filling. I like the saltiness that the anchovies add to this dish!! Served with Twissis's Danish Pork Frickadeller