Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sinfully good potato dish!
Make and share this Jansson's temptation recipe from Food.com.
- Melt half the butter in a pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes, or'til golden.
- Chop the remaining butter into small cubes.
- Spread half the potato over the base of a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Top with the anchovies and onion then the remaining potatoes.
- Pour half the cream over and then scatter with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a hot oven until golden.
- Pour over the remaining cream and cook another 40 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Just came across this recipe for Jansson"s temptation - I love it and have made it a few times (not from your recipe but my own which is almost identical) You are right when you said "sinful" but OH so good. The reason for this post is to suggest to try to get Swedish anchovies as they are cured in a slightly different manner and this recipe is fantastic using them - It is also excellent using regular Jan S Love your recipes
I'm sorry to give this recepie only 2 stars but we didn't like it. I cooked it as directed, using the same ingredients. It came out looking just exactly like on photo, but the taste and smell was a bit too much for us. I have to mention that we are a seafood lovers and like anything with fish but we did not like this. I finally realized what people mean when they say "it smells fishy ". Will not make it again. Sorry for the bad review.
The husband loved this and wanted more anhovies in it. Not my cup of tea, but very rich, very easy to make and very nice if you are an anchovy lover.