Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Simple recipe that uses few ingredients but has a real great flavour.
- Cut onion thinly.
- In a heavy pan, saute onions in the butter until golden.
- Cut potatoes into thin rounds.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and arrange a layer of pototoes, followed by a layer of onions and scatter some anchovy fillets.
- Continue to arrange layers until you have a final layer of potato.
- Pour a liitle oil from the anchovies over the top potato layer and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour 3/4 of the cream over the potato and return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the bakng dish from oven, pour remaining cream over the potato and continue baking for another 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender in the middle and the top is crispy and brown.
- Tip. Be careful removing hot dish from oven. If you have glide out oven racks, use the rack so that you do not burn yourself.