1/2 Photos of Jansson's Temptation
1 hr 25 mins
This is originally a Swedish recipe, but it has been a Finnish favourite for a long time. It's unsure who Jansson was - some say it was a pastor and this dish was his only temptation - but suffice to say that it's quite delicious. Traditional recipe has julienned potatoes, but if this seems like too much work you can thinly slice them too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Fry the onions until soft, and mix with julienned potatoes.
- 3Chop anchovy fillets finely, and keep the anchovy juices.
- 4In a shallow oven dish, put in a thin layer of potato onion mixture, followed by some anchovies. Repeat until you have used everything, ending up with a potato layer on top.
- 5Mix the cream with the anchovy juices and pour on the dish.
- 6Bake in the oven for about an hour.
- 7Before serving, top with fresh dill.
Nutritional Facts for Jansson's Temptation
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 1178.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g