Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A Swedish recipe, delicious and simple.
- Preheat the oven to 230 deg Celsius.
- Slice the potatoes into very narrow sticks.
- Slice the onions.
- Place a layer of about a third of the potatoes in an oven dish. Place a layer of half the onions over them, then top these with a layer of half the anchovies.
- Repeat the above, then top it off with the last third of the potatoes.
- Pour in 2/3 of the cream, then dot the butter over the potatoes and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then pour in the remaining cream and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- As a vegetarian alternative, use sun-dried tomatoes instead of anchovies.