Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this spicy BBQ sauce. It has a slight burn on the lips! To adjust the heat, add more or less cayenne.
- 177.44 ml finely chopped onion
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 118.29 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml water
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Great BBQ sauce. The cayenne really gives it a nice bite. I halved the recipe and used it in Barbecued Chicken Pasta and it really was a great addition to that recipe too. Thanks JanJanRice for a nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.