Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very tasty and colourful way to serve lots of healthy vegetables.
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 red onions
- 1⁄2 aubergine
- 20 ml olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- tomato puree
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 220c/400f or Gas mark 7.
- Mix together in a small dish the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, a squirt of tomato puree, a good grinding of black pepper the oregano and a small pinch of salt. (Sounds horrid - I haven't gone mad, trust me, it'll be nice)!
- Slice the courgettes into 1cm slices 4. De-seed and cut the peppers into 3cm chunks.
- Cut the onions into quarters.
- Cut the aubergine into rough 3 - 4cm chunks.
- Now, put all the prepared vegetables into a 'largish' mixing bowl pour on the olive oil mixture and stir until all vegetables are covered.
- Spread out onto a pre-heated baking tray and cook on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for about 25 - 35 minutes turning half way.
Very easy, colorful, and flavorful, and it goes in the oven half an hour before dinner to set your hands free for other preparation tasks. Made for Pick A Chef, April 2008.