Jan's Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- Pre-heat oven to 220c/400f or Gas mark 7.
- Mix together in a small dish the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, a squirt of tomato puree, a good grinding of black pepper the oregano and a small pinch of salt. (Sounds horrid - I haven't gone mad, trust me, it'll be nice)!
- Slice the courgettes into 1cm slices 4. De-seed and cut the peppers into 3cm chunks.
- Cut the onions into quarters.
- Cut the aubergine into rough 3 - 4cm chunks.
- Now, put all the prepared vegetables into a 'largish' mixing bowl pour on the olive oil mixture and stir until all vegetables are covered.
- Spread out onto a pre-heated baking tray and cook on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for about 25 - 35 minutes turning half way.