Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My version of a lunch we had in a pub one day. I can't say they're low in calories - but hey - they are YUMMY!
- 400 g ground pork
- Stilton cheese or blue cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg yolk
- fresh ground pepper
- You will need about 2 desert spoons of apple sauce and it needs to be the kind with bits of apple in and not the smooth kind.
- Cut the cheese into little cubes.
- In a mixer, whiz the bread to make Breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Now, whiz the onion so they're nicely choped, and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Then using the mixer again, mix the Pork until it’s chopped up a bit finer.
- Transfer the pork to the bowl with the onion.
- Add half the breadcrumbs and mix together adding the egg yolk, apple sauce, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper.
- Only mix in the rest of the breadcrumbs if the mixture looks too wet.
- Now carefully mix in the cheese, try not to break it up too much.
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 6 (depending how large you want your burgers)! with floured hands and on a floured board shape into burgers.
- Using a large pan, fry in a little olive oil until cooked. Try not the turn too many times so they get a nice colour and are cooked through.
- Serve in warm toasted burger buns with salad and whatever else you fancy.