This is a great appetizer, but I sometimes make it for dinner.
Make and share this Jan's Pizza Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cook sausage and break into bite size pieces.
- Cut french bread in half, long ways. Then partially cut bread into individual size servings without cutting all the way through.
- Melt butter and spread on top of bread evenly.
- Spread italian tomato sauce on top evenly.
- Sprinkle with parsley, garlic and oregano as desired.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Place pieces of sausage.
- Spread mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
This was a tasty 'homemade' pizza! I admit that when I went to use the italian sausage that I had, it was freezer burnt, so I just crisped my pepperoni up, before burying it between 2 layers of cheese! I'll certainly be making this again, and soon! Thanks for sharing, JRuiz.
I used hot Italian turkey sausage, Smart Balance Lite (in place of the margarine), part-skim mozzarella, and was heavy-handed with the garlic powder. I made 1/2 recipe for two people and served with a crispy greens and vegetable salad. I was very happy to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Spicy, cheesy, and super easy to make.