Recipe by JRuiz
This is a great appetizer, but I sometimes make it for dinner.
Top Review by alligirl
This was a tasty 'homemade' pizza! I admit that when I went to use the italian sausage that I had, it was freezer burnt, so I just crisped my pepperoni up, before burying it between 2 layers of cheese! I'll certainly be making this again, and soon! Thanks for sharing, JRuiz.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 2 cups italian tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- garlic powder
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and break into bite size pieces.
- Cut french bread in half, long ways. Then partially cut bread into individual size servings without cutting all the way through.
- Melt butter and spread on top of bread evenly.
- Spread italian tomato sauce on top evenly.
- Sprinkle with parsley, garlic and oregano as desired.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Place pieces of sausage.
- Spread mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.