Recipe by rainbowbrush
This make two cake one to eat now and one to freeze for later. I love this as it is easy to make. I have always made it this way because it is just as easy to make two as one. With a busy life style it work well for me.
Top Review by Jen T
This was very easy to make. I added the crushed pineapple to the jug along with the other wet ingredients. I only used a 425g can as it was all I had but I don't think that this made any great difference. We had some warm from the oven....we were hungry, LOL and next day I iced the remainder of one cake with a cream cheese icing. This also worked well. Thanks for this recipe :)
- 1 (825 g) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup poppy seed
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large bananas, ripe
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil, eggs and mashed banana in a jug and mix well.
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients slowly and mix.
- Place into lined 20cm round cake tins.
- Cook in a moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked.
- You can sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
- As this makes two cakes--I freeze one for later use.