Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my mom's recipe. Very Good!
- 7 tablespoons crisco lard
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Whip the first 3 ingredients with a fork until it's all creamy.
- Add the last 2 ingredients and put into a dough ball with your hands.
- Roll it out between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Put into pie pan and roll under the edges on top evenly, making ridges using your 2 fingers, around the top.
- Prick the whole the dough all around with a fork so the air can escape while baking unless it is for a pumpkin pie, because no pre-baking is necessary.
- Bake at 450 degrees.
- After 5 minutes, if the crust is bubbling up, prick it more with the fork.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes till golden brown.