Recipe by JRuiz
My Favorite Cookies:)
Top Review by alligirl
Tasty and simple, these are GREAT (and being scarfed down, even as I type!) I followed the recipe, as written, and could hardly wait for them to cool, before tasting them! They sure did make my DH and DS happy - that translates into making me happy! Thanks for sharing a great recipe, JRuiz.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (soft) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (soft)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Have baking sheets ready - do not grease. Start oven 10 minutes before baking at 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, measure, resift 3 times with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Cream both butters until light. Add both sugars and cream very thoroughly. Beat in egg, then vanilla. Add flour in 2 or 3 portions. Measure level tablespoons of dough onto waxed paper; shape quickly into balls. Place 2" apart on baking sheets. Press twice with tines of fork, first dipped in cold water, to make crisscross pattern on top. Bake 10-12 minutes or until delicately browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets to cake racks to cool. Makes 2 3/4 dozen.