1/1 Photo of Jan's Pan Fried Chicken, Bacon and Feta Cheese
Simple and delicious combination of bacon, cheese and chicken. I made it up myself but it goes really nicely served with 'Ainsley Harriott's' Lemon Couscous and roasted Mediterranean vegetables. A real mixture of flavours.
My Private Note
- 1Cut the bacon - either streaky or back bacon into small 1cm cubes. (You could use diced pancetta, although it may be a bit too salty).
- 2Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips.
- 3Cut the feta into cubes.
- 4Pan fry the bacon until well cooked, the more caramelised, sticky bits in pan the better! (You may need to add a little oil to the pan if you use back bacon).
- 5Remove when cooked and set aside.
- 6Do not wash the pan at this stage, keep the nice brown sticky bits in the pan and use to fry the chicken. As the chicken has been thinly sliced it wont take long to cook through.
- 7Now put the bacon back in the pan on top of the chicken along with the feta cubes, lower the heat for a couple of minutes until the feta just begins to melt.
- 8Be careful not to overcook or it will look a mess!
- 9Serve straight away.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jan's Pan Fried Chicken, Bacon and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.5
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 2157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets