Recipe by Jen T
I have had this recipe for years and make it when I need a cold dessert and have nothing in the house! That is the reasoning my friend gave to me when she gave me this recipe. If you have a can of fruit and some cream you can make this look special. If liked you can also add a few drops of food colouring to the mix to give the colour you like. Prep/cook time does not include setting time.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl use an electric beater to beat the egg white until frothy then slowly add in the sugar and finally the vanilla and beat until stiff.
- Add the gelatin to the hot water and allow to dissolve, then add slowly to egg mixture.
- Continue beating until very thick and stiff. This could take 5mins or more. Add drops of food colouring while beating if desired.
- Pour or spoon into a bowl to set.
- Place in a glass bowl and place over a layer of either fresh or canned fruit.
- Cover with a layer of whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.