Top Review by Pa. Hiker
Great recipe, but a little bland. I agree to what Strawberry said about adding the extra garlic, and perhaps some other ingredients (mushrooms, would be good). Definately worth a try.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove large garlic (I ALWAYS use more!)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 12 pieces
- 2 cans large whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 quart saucepan heat oil. Chop garlic, onions and parsley finely. Add to saucepan and saute.
- Add chopped pepper to onions and saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes coarsely and add.
- Stir in seasonings. Simmer uncovered until thick, about 2 hours.
- Freeze in 2 cup containers.
- For Spaghetti sauce: 1 lb ground beef 2 cups marinara sauce 1 cup tomato sauce