Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Tyndall, SD, Good Samaritan cookbook. Great salad for potlucks. Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
- 16 ounces shell macaroni, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 (4 ounce) can shrimp, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup dorothy lynch salad dressing
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and cool.
- Drain shrimp, chop onion, celery, pickles and boiled eggs; add to macaroni.
- Mix mayonnaise and Dorothy Lynch dressing. Add to macaroni mixture. Stir well and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
Loved the combo of pasta & shrimp in this salad, & the only change I made was to cut the amount of dressing ingredients in half! Took it to a small neighborhood potluck & it was a big success, if the empty bowl I brought back home with me tells you anything! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]