Golf Gal's Note:
This gorgeous, decorative bread wreath is filled with a delicious combination of cinnamon, walnuts, brown sugar and plumped raisins. It's fantastic as dessert bread or with coffee in the morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Bread Dough Ingredients
- 177.44 ml milk
- 2 (14.17 g) package dry yeast
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 78.07 ml melted butter, cooled to lukewarm
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml grated lemon peel
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 828.06-946.36 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml milk, too attach decorations
- 1In a saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form on sides.
- 2Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Meanwhile sprinkle yeast over warm water stirring to dissolve.
- 4In a large bowl, add yeast, warm milk, butter, sugar, egg, lemon rind, vanilla and salt.
- 5Slowly stir in 3 cups of flour.
- 6Sprinkle flour on counter or board.
- 7Knead until smooth.
- 8If too sticky, add up to 1/2 cup more flour.
- 9Placed in greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm spot until double, about one hour.
- 10Meanwhile, make filling. (last 8 ingredients).
- 11Drain soaked raisins and chop.
- 12In a bowl, add raisins to remaining filling ingredients.
- 13Mix well and set aside.
- 14Punch down down and roll out on a floured board into 21- by18-inch rectangle.
- 15Cut off a 21- by 3 inch strip and set aside for dough decorations.
- 16Spread filling evenly onto the dough, leaving about an inch border all the way around.
- 17Carefully roll up dough in jellyroll fashion and then shape into a wreath, tucking the ends under each other, pinching to secure.
- 18Place on a large greased baking sheet.
- 19Cover and let rise until double.
- 2015 minutes before ring has finished rising preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 21Roll out reserve strip of dough, and with cookie cutters, cut out leaf designs.
- 22Attach cutouts to ring with a little water.
- 23Beat egg and milk together and brush on ring.
- 24Bake about 30 minutes.
- 25Serve warm with butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jan's Holiday Bread Wreath
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 301.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g