Recipe by Jan from Frankfort, IL
I made this recipe in high school, over thirty years ago and it is my favorite
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmans)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon rehydrated onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonaise and mustard.
- Put on side.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat margarine on low heat.
- Place each slice of bread on skillet, then a slice of cheese on each bread.
- Spread one teaspoon of mayo-mustard mixture on one of the pieces of cheese.
- Put 1 teaspoon of onion and spread.
- Toast until bread is a golden brown.
- Put the two slices of cheese bread together and remove from skillet.