This takes a while to make, but it is well worth the extra time.
Make and share this Jan's French Pastry Apple Slices recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour and salt, then cut in shortening.
- Blend eggs, water, and lemon juice together.
- Sprinkle over flour mixture a little at a time and stirring lightly with a fork.
- Divide dough, 2/3 for lower crust and 1/3 for upper crust.
- Roll out lower dough to cover bottom and sides of 9x13 pan.
- Apple Filling:.
- Peel apples and cut into very thin slices.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Place onto of lower crust.
- Roll out top crust and place on top, crimping top and lower edges together.
- Slash upper crust for air escape.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once it is almost cool, you can make a thin vanilla icing with milk and powdered sugar, and frost the top.
This is amazing. I had it at a friends house and it became, instantly, my favorite dessert of all time. A little work, but so worth it! It's like apple pie with frosting. Fab. Thanks for posting.