1/1 Photo of Jan's French Pastry Apple Slices
1 hr 40 mins
This takes a while to make, but it is well worth the extra time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2Sift flour and salt, then cut in shortening.
- 3Blend eggs, water, and lemon juice together.
- 4Sprinkle over flour mixture a little at a time and stirring lightly with a fork.
- 5Divide dough, 2/3 for lower crust and 1/3 for upper crust.
- 6Roll out lower dough to cover bottom and sides of 9x13 pan.
- 7Apple Filling:.
- 8Peel apples and cut into very thin slices.
- 9Mix all ingredients.
- 10Place onto of lower crust.
- 11Roll out top crust and place on top, crimping top and lower edges together.
- 12Slash upper crust for air escape.
- 13Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 14Once it is almost cool, you can make a thin vanilla icing with milk and powdered sugar, and frost the top.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jan's French Pastry Apple Slices
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g