Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite desserts, but should be made in cool weather.
Make and share this Jan's Forgotten Torte recipe from Food.com.
- This dessert should be prepared the night before it is to be served.
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites.
- Beat until quite foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add extract and beat until meringue is quite stiff.
- Butter just the bottom of a 2 pice tube pan.
- Spread meringue in pan.
- Place in oven and TURN OFF HEAT.
- Let stand in oven overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Turn onto a serving place and place in the refrigerator until it is well chilled.
- Make whipped cream and spread it on the top and sides of the torte.
- Spoon raspberries onto each serving.