7 hrs 30 mins
This is one of my favorite desserts, but should be made in cool weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This dessert should be prepared the night before it is to be served.
- 2Let egg whites stand at room temperature.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 4Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites.
- 5Beat until quite foamy.
- 6Add sugar gradually, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add extract and beat until meringue is quite stiff.
- 8Butter just the bottom of a 2 pice tube pan.
- 9Spread meringue in pan.
- 10Place in oven and TURN OFF HEAT.
- 11Let stand in oven overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- 12Turn onto a serving place and place in the refrigerator until it is well chilled.
- 13Make whipped cream and spread it on the top and sides of the torte.
- 14Spoon raspberries onto each serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jan's Forgotten Torte
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 125.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g