Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy version of homemade enchiladas. And it tastes almost the same.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 20 corn tortillas
- 2 (680.38 g) can enchilada sauce (el paso brand)
- 85.04 g envelope taco seasoning (el paso)
- 453.59 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- Brown beef add taco seasoning, and about 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce.
- In a separate pan, place oil and cook tortillas one by one just for a little bit -- they need to be soft.
- After that just roll the tortilla stuffed with beef and cheese, until you complete the 20 tortillas, and when you finish bath the tortillas with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Place some more cheese on top, and place in oven for about 20 min at 350 degrees.
Holy Enchilada ~~ these are lip smacking good! Loved how easy it was to put together, how economical the whole meal is for a family, the right amount of zing and easy to add more for those who need tons of spice. I micro steamed the tortilla shells but followed the main recipe exactly. I served with refried beans and shredded lettuce. Very filling from the young to the "old" (well not old but older!). Thanks for sharing a great family meal!
These make a tasty dinner, for sure! I used flour tortillas, as it is what I had on hand, and to save a couple of calories (and reduce my work!), I just steamed them in some damp paper towels in the microwave. Worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing a tasty, quick week night meal, JRuiz!
Magnificent! My family only has ever liked enchiladas made with flour tortillas. I have become tired of them, and wanted a change. I made these, and both DH and son said to make them again. It was very delicious. I did make about 4 cheese enchiladas in same pan, (for me) that were great also. Leftovers heated up well, and the flavor really mellowed the second day. Thanks for posting JRuiz. They were awesome and easy!