- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (light and dark)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Crisco cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant onion flakes
- 1 stick cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 1/2 of the raisins for the sauce.
- Mallot down the breasts to make even.
- Stuff chicken breasts with above combined ingredients.
- Secure with skewers.
- Combine the coating ingredients and dredge the stuffed chicken breast into the mixture.
- Brown in oil, and drain off the excess oil.
- Combine the sauce ingredients, not included the raisins.
- Cover the chicken with the sauce and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining raising and thicken the sauce with corn starch if desired.