This is a basic Chicken Piccata recipe that I revised more to my taste-it's been a big hit!
Make and share this Jan's Chicken Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (or 1/2 white wine)
- 44.37 ml capers, drained
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts, cut in bite size pieces (I use frozen but you may use jared in water artichokes)
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 226.79 g linguine
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Mix together salt,pepper and flour.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture,shake off excess flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet-saute chicken til lightly browned,set aside and keep warm.
- In drippings, add shallots,cook til wilted.
- Add broth or wine,tomato,artichokes,capers and lemon slices,zest and juice. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and cook sauce til thickened. Add butter and allow to gently melt into sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine til al dente.
- At last minute, add parsley and serve over.
- linguine,top with parmesan cheese.