Recipe by Janabelle
This is a basic Chicken Piccata recipe that I revised more to my taste-it's been a big hit!
Top Review by Laura S.
Delicious and had a beautiful presentation! The tomatoes (didn't bother to peel and didn't seem to be necessary) and fresh parsley really added to the visual appeal. The chicken (I simply fileted vs pounding) I used was very lean, so I didn't have any drippings - I'd recommend adding more broth /wine to increase the amount of sauce. I did decrease the capers as suggested in another review. Thank you Janabelle - clean plates here!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 white wine)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts, cut in bite size pieces (I use frozen but you may use jared in water artichokes)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 8 ounces linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Mix together salt,pepper and flour.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture,shake off excess flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet-saute chicken til lightly browned,set aside and keep warm.
- In drippings, add shallots,cook til wilted.
- Add broth or wine,tomato,artichokes,capers and lemon slices,zest and juice. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and cook sauce til thickened. Add butter and allow to gently melt into sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine til al dente.
- At last minute, add parsley and serve over.
- linguine,top with parmesan cheese.