Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
JAN'S BUTTER TART SQUARES Crust:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Filling: 2 eggs 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 1/2 cup oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 cup raisins Crust: Cut butter into flour until crumbly.
- Press into 9x9" buttered pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Filling: Mix filling ingredients.
- Pour over partially baked crust and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
I just finished making these and they are still warm. My daughter and her boyfriend just finished sampling them and say that they are better than the butter tarts I get from the bakery. Big plus, it's a nice easy recipe.
These were good, but not what I was looking for. I normally make regular butter tarts and I thought to make things easier this Xmas I'd make squares. I really didn't care for the oatmeal, as I've never had butter tarts with oatmeal before. The filling taste didn't come through because of the oatmeal, I believe. Anyways, still a nice recipe and tx for posting. WELL, I'm re-reviewing this as I had a lot of flack over the Xmas holidays for the 3 star review. Everyone who ate these absolutely loved them and looked for more on the plate. What can I say???