Recipe by rainbowbrush
The is what I call a white Christmas cake with dry apples, pears, Apricots. I don't like the dark rich fruit cakes so the is what I have come up with. Add time to soak fruit the longer that it sits in the brandy the better it gets
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (405 g) can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mixed dried fruit, apples, pear, apricot sultanas, peaces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces butter
- brandy, enough to cover the fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, pineapple undrained fruit in a bowl and cover with brandy. Let sit for 24-72 hours.
- Then put it in to a saucepan with baking powder and butter.
- Bring to boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Sift flours and mix into the cold fruit mix with well beaten eggs.
- Put the mixture into a greased and lined 8" 20 cm cake tin.
- Back at 350°F 35-50 minutes.
- Note: cover with a brown paper bag if it is not cooked in the middle to stop the top from burning.
- Also I sometime use Angas Park Fruit Medley 375g packet x2.