Recipe by Janie Marie
This is a great recipie, but it barely makes 4 waffles. I've quadrupled it before and it turned out great!
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love waffles and these quick and easy to make babies are the bomb. They turned out just the way I like them. Crisp and tender, full of flavor. Perfect with topping or without. I got 8 waffles from 1/2 the recipe, must have a smaller waffle machine than you. I did garnish these little gems with warm maple syrup, for a delicious brunch. Thanks so much for sharing...Made for Fall Pac/12
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yellow until light. Add a small amount of melted butter and quickly stir to temper the yolks. Add the remaining melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice; mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon together in separate bowl.
- Add warmed milk to flour mixture.
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture and beat well.
- Beat egg white until stiff. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter onto heated waffle iron and cook until lightly crisp and golden. Serve with hot syrup, fresh berries, whipped cream, or bananas and chocolate chips.