Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Have been making this for years!! One from my sister-in-law.
- 2 cups cooked green beans, reserve 1/4 cup of liquid for dressing
- 1 can lima beans or 1 can mixed beans ("or" 1 of each)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine beans& add onion.
- Dissolve sugar in the bean liquid.
- Mix in vinegar, oil, salt& garlic& pour over beans.
- Leave in fridge overnight& drain just before serving.
JenT, this is a beautiful recipe. I really enjoyed the texture of the beans. I cooked the beans to just cooked. I used red onion. I almost used olive oil but I am so glad I stuck to the peanut oil. I had these with Evie's spicy potatoes. I will be keep this recipe and it will be on my Christmas Day dinner table. Thank you for sharing and thank Jan for me. love Chris