Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like a sweet hawaiian taste. You will love this.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) container chow mein noodles
- 2 large oranges
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and spices in a paper bag.
- Add chicken pieces, one at a time, and shake to coat evenly.
- In heavy skillet, brown chicken in butter, until golden on all sides.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce and brown sugar; pour over chicken in skillet.
- Cover tightly and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile heat chicken chow mein according to directions.
- Spoon hot chow mein onto a serving platter and arrange chicken attractively on top.
- Pour orange sauce into a separate serving bowl.
- Garnish with orange wedges.