- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 serrano chilies, seeded
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups papayas, shredded
- 2 cups mangoes, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups lightly blanched French haricots vert
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup loose packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 cup loose packed mint leaf
- 1 cup loose packed basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender puree the garlic, chiles, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Reserve.
- In a large work bowl lightly pound the fruit and vegetables in batches to slighly bruise them. If the papayas and mangos are ripe and not green don’t pound them. But still pound the carrots, haricot vert, tomatoes and herbs.
- Lightly toss all ingredients together with rice vinegar dressing.
- Garnish with cucumbers whole herb leaves etc.