Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
There are lots of Banana Cream Pie recipes on here, but none are excatly the same as my mom's. This is our family's favorite Banana Cream Pie - especially my dad and my husband!
- 1 (9 inch) single baked pie crusts
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large bananas
- sweetened whipped cream
- Bake pie shell.
- Stir together sugar, corn starch and salt in saucepan.
- Blend milk and egg yolks; Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; Blend in butter and vanilla.
- Press plastic wrap onto filling in saucepan and place in fridge to cool to room temperature.
- Peel and slice bananas and arrange in baked pie shell.
- Pour cooled filling on top of bananas and chill pie thoroughly, at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream just before serving.
This is the best banana cream pie I have ever tasted!