Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pimiento
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt (ugh!)
- 1 egg, yolk only,beaten
- 1 egg, white only (can be from the same egg, duh!)
- olive oil or canola oil
- In a mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, mushrooms, onion, pimiento, salt, and celery seed.
- Mix together egg yolk and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just till moistened.
- Beat egg white to stiff peaks, and gently fold beaten egg white into mushroom mixture.
- In a heavy saucepan or deep-fat fryer heat oil to 190C degrees.
- Drop batter by tablespoonsful into the hot oil, and fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Transfer to a rack to drain and serve hot.