Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy, delicious, and colorful salad. The recipe was given to me by my friend when I needed a dish to take to a picnic a few years ago. Best if made 1 day prior to serving. The hardest part is opening some cans and dicing a few ingredients. Perfect for a BBQ or picnic. I have added a drained can of chick peas as well. Sometimes I add lime juice. It's a very flexible salad.
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, diced, reserve liquid (optional)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- garlic, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients. *I don't add the juice from the roasted red peppers.
- Mix well.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.