Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Our friends made this for Christmas dinner. It was sensational. The pork loin was put on the BBQ Served atop mashed potatoes. I guessed the time it takes to make this recipe, including 12 hours marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tart apple, cored, peeled
- 6 ounces red currant jelly
- 2 large carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup wild mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup prune juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, only
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin
- In a large pot place all ingredients, except pork.
- Boil and simmer. If marinade thickens during boiling, add water as needed.
- Let marinade cool and place pork in the cool marinade.
- Marinate in refrgerator overnight, up to 2 days.
- When ready to cook, remove pork and salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- Set the meat aside.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a blender to puree. If too thick, add red wine.
- Put marinade back in pot and heat to a boil since it has the raw pork juices in it.
- Once it has reached boiling, simmer until ready to use as a sauce over the pork.
- Meanwhile, Grill the pork until done on the BBQ.
- Slice the meat, spoon the sauce on top and serve.