12 hrs 45 mins
Our friends made this for Christmas dinner. It was sensational. The pork loin was put on the BBQ Served atop mashed potatoes. I guessed the time it takes to make this recipe, including 12 hours marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot place all ingredients, except pork.
- 2Boil and simmer. If marinade thickens during boiling, add water as needed.
- 3Let marinade cool and place pork in the cool marinade.
- 4Marinate in refrgerator overnight, up to 2 days.
- 5When ready to cook, remove pork and salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- 6Set the meat aside.
- 7Pour the remaining marinade into a blender to puree. If too thick, add red wine.
- 8Put marinade back in pot and heat to a boil since it has the raw pork juices in it.
- 9Once it has reached boiling, simmer until ready to use as a sauce over the pork.
- 10Meanwhile, Grill the pork until done on the BBQ.
- 11Slice the meat, spoon the sauce on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Janine's Bourbon Currant Marinated Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1052.4
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 299.3 mg
- Sodium 285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 96.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of