12 hrs 45 mins
Our friends made this for Christmas dinner. It was sensational. The pork loin was put on the BBQ Served atop mashed potatoes. I guessed the time it takes to make this recipe, including 12 hours marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot place all ingredients, except pork.
- 2Boil and simmer. If marinade thickens during boiling, add water as needed.
- 3Let marinade cool and place pork in the cool marinade.
- 4Marinate in refrgerator overnight, up to 2 days.
- 5When ready to cook, remove pork and salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- 6Set the meat aside.
- 7Pour the remaining marinade into a blender to puree. If too thick, add red wine.
- 8Put marinade back in pot and heat to a boil since it has the raw pork juices in it.
- 9Once it has reached boiling, simmer until ready to use as a sauce over the pork.
- 10Meanwhile, Grill the pork until done on the BBQ.
- 11Slice the meat, spoon the sauce on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Janine's Bourbon Currant Marinated Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1052.4
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 299.3 mg
- Sodium 285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 96.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of