Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Our friends made this for Christmas dinner. It was sensational. The pork loin was put on the BBQ Served atop mashed potatoes. I guessed the time it takes to make this recipe, including 12 hours marinating time.
- In a large pot place all ingredients, except pork.
- Boil and simmer. If marinade thickens during boiling, add water as needed.
- Let marinade cool and place pork in the cool marinade.
- Marinate in refrgerator overnight, up to 2 days.
- When ready to cook, remove pork and salt and pepper the meat to taste.
- Set the meat aside.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a blender to puree. If too thick, add red wine.
- Put marinade back in pot and heat to a boil since it has the raw pork juices in it.
- Once it has reached boiling, simmer until ready to use as a sauce over the pork.
- Meanwhile, Grill the pork until done on the BBQ.
- Slice the meat, spoon the sauce on top and serve.