Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
It's really easy to make. Enjoyable with bread sticks.
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 (16 ounce) bags mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- Saute onion.
- Brown ground beef with onion.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low until pasta is cooked.
- 2-3 hours.
The soup was excellent. I didn't have any italian seasoning so I added a packet of dry italian salad dressing. I didn't have 2 bags of mixed veggies so I did one 16 ounce of mixed veggies, a 10 oz. spinach and a 9 ounce box of Italian veggies in garlic sauce. The soup was a comfort dish. I can't wait to bring some of the left over's to work tomorrow for lunch. Thanks for a great recipe Lyle Siefker!!!
I have made this recipe since I was in college 25 years ago. What I love about this recipe is it is made with items found in my pantry, it is a no brainer recipe and it taste great. What I love about this recipe is adding the pasta. This recipe can also be cooked in a 6 quart crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours. I love serving this with my Tomato Bread for the breadmachine. Happy Eating!