Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My aunt gave me this recipe. It's an old family favorite. Its texture and colors make it a great dish for any formal occasion, or holiday meal! Chill for about 2 hours total.
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced pineapple in syrup, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 (10 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Cool Whip Topping
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- Make the Jello according to package directions and add the other ingredients inches
- Pour into rectangular casserole dish and chill according to package directions.
- Mean while add the first 5 topping ingredients together in a small sauce pan and cook slowly until you get a custard like consistency
- add the 1 cup of Cool whip.
- Pour over the chilled Jello mixture and chill an additional hour.
- Cut in squares and place on individual lettuce leaves for serving.
This was a huge surprise and earned a spot for our coming Easter dinner table too. I had that stray box of lemon jello in the pantry and decided to try this. My family was so glad I did and we've found a new favorite too. I made as directed other than substituting 48 mini colored marshmallows for the 12 large ones. The bottom layer is stuffed full of fruit and would be excellent on it's own, but the pineapple custard like layer puts this over the top! Yum! Thank you and Aunt Jane for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.