Recipe by Just Janie
I like this incredibly moist carrott cake because it makes a single layer. I especially like to use the cream cheese frosting with the nut topping. Very rich and full of flavor. A great size cake for when you don't want a large dessert.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I increased the frosting a bit only because we like a nice thick layer LOL This is a very good carrot cake. Moist and delicious . I think next time I will add some golden raisins Made for PAC Fall 2009
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 158.51 ml soft butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml soft butter
- 85.04-113.39 g cream cheese
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18-709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml finely chopped walnuts
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 2/3 cup butter with sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at at time until fluffy. Combine flour, salt cinnamon and baking powder in small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the carrotts & 1/2 cup nuts by hand.
- Spread evenly in greased 9 " round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 40 - 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack completely.
- Combine the remaining butter, cream cheese, vanilla & powdered sugar for frosting.
- Frost the cooled layer.
- Combine the ground nuts with the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over frosting.
- Keep chilled.