I like this incredibly moist carrott cake because it makes a single layer. I especially like to use the cream cheese frosting with the nut topping. Very rich and full of flavor. A great size cake for when you don't want a large dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 3 -4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Beat 2/3 cup butter with sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at at time until fluffy. Combine flour, salt cinnamon and baking powder in small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the carrotts & 1/2 cup nuts by hand.
- Spread evenly in greased 9 " round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 40 - 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack completely.
- Combine the remaining butter, cream cheese, vanilla & powdered sugar for frosting.
- Frost the cooled layer.
- Combine the ground nuts with the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over frosting.
- Keep chilled.
I increased the frosting a bit only because we like a nice thick layer LOL This is a very good carrot cake. Moist and delicious . I think next time I will add some golden raisins Made for PAC Fall 2009
The best carrott cake ever!!!
Only thing i did nt add was walnuts as i dont like them. Other than that this recipe was perfect. Thanks.