Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recieved recipe from one of my residents. SOOO good!
Make and share this Janice's Overnight Cabbage Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Not sure of exact size of slaw mix. It is the large bag.
- Combine cole slaw mix and onion in a bowl with a lid. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan. Mix and bring to a boil. After all is dissolved, pour hot dressing mixture over slaw mix in bowl. DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Stir and serve.
- Prep and cook time does not include 24 hour refrigeration.
- Will last for weeks.