From the "friends" cookbook "cooking with friends"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless flounder fillets or 4 (6 ounce) sole fillets (about)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, cored,and cut into half inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- 3place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- 4dip the fish into the egg mixture then into the crumbs, turning to evenly coat.
- 5heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- 6add 2 fillets and cook over medium high heat until the bottoms are nicely browned 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7turn fish and continue cooking until browned on the second side.
- 8transfer cooked fillets to a plate and kkep warm.
- 9add another Tbsp of oil and cook the second batch of fish.
- 10keep all 4 fillets warm while making the pan sauce.
- 11add the remaining Tbsp oil and shallots to pan.
- 12cook for 2 minutes.
- 13add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 14add the vinegar and parsley and simmer for 30 seconds.
- 15adjust the seasonings.
- 16place each fillet on an individual plate and spoon sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Janice's Foghorn Fish Dish
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 724.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: