Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the "friends" cookbook "cooking with friends"
Make and share this Janice's Foghorn Fish Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless flounder fillets or 4 (6 ounce) sole fillets (about)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, cored,and cut into half inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- dip the fish into the egg mixture then into the crumbs, turning to evenly coat.
- heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- add 2 fillets and cook over medium high heat until the bottoms are nicely browned 2 to 3 minutes.
- turn fish and continue cooking until browned on the second side.
- transfer cooked fillets to a plate and kkep warm.
- add another Tbsp of oil and cook the second batch of fish.
- keep all 4 fillets warm while making the pan sauce.
- add the remaining Tbsp oil and shallots to pan.
- cook for 2 minutes.
- add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- add the vinegar and parsley and simmer for 30 seconds.
- adjust the seasonings.
- place each fillet on an individual plate and spoon sauce over the top.
Bri, this is an excellent fish dish! I used tilapia as that was all I was able to find in the fish market. I also substituted vidalia onions for the shallots. Otherwise, everything else was exactly as stated in your directions, which were very easy to follow. The tomatoes and onions add a lot to the flavor. The sauce is an excellent addition to the pan-fried fish which makes the entire dish moist and flavorful. Everyone at the table raved over their meal! Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of this wonderful recipe, Bri!