Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was at my friend Janice's home over twenty years ago when she brought these out. They were a hit then (everyone wanted the recipe) and have produced the same reaction every time I've made them. Try these and I know you will make them again and again for so many different reasons. When baking you may want to use a broiler pan so the bacon grease can drain off. I've baked them of cookie sheets and they are great, just a little more bacon flavor. Simply drain them before rolling in cheese. These are good cold or warmed over. ENJOY soak toothpicks in water
- clean chicken livers and cut into good size bites (usually in half).
- cover chicken livers with bread crumbs.
- cut bacon strips into sizes that will wrap around liver once with overlap enough to secure to liver with a toothpick.
- place on baking sheet or broiler pan and bake at 350 until bacon is crisp or to your liking (45 - 60 min).
- When bacon is to your liking, remove from oven and, while still hot, roll in or sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
A success and frequently requested at pot lucks. Love it!